Friday, July 1, 2011

Loneliness

I know the frustration-bar hopping, being at the club for HOURS....Basically, working all week, looking forward to Friday to get fresh to def from head to foot, only to sit and drink waiting for someone (sometimes ANYONE) to notice me. Or downing shot after shot after shot to impress friends and dudes with my tremendous ability to 'hold my liquor'. Or, getting on the dance floor to be seen. Hoping that 'Mr. Right' will find me there, knowing better, because of my Christian background. The only people there were, as Dr. Creflo Dollar put it, "...lonely people looking for lonely people..." Humorously enough, just about every time I went out with my girlfriends I'd hear Dollar's words in my head. The alcohol drowned them, but never completely, out. I am amazed at how long some people stay in this state-I was bored after three months. But, some people stay with it for a substantial amount of their lifetime, before they either grow weary of it, or come to know Christ and see the dead-end sign. I still have old friends in it. We have no business, as women of God, hunting after a man. They are to find us. Ah! Therein lies the issue: Are we truly willing to rest in our Heavenly Father's promise to sustain us? Because, contrary to popular beliefs (outside AND within the Church), marriage will not cure loneliness. Loneliness is a sickness of the heart. For instance, if I am suffering with being in a state of loneliness, a mate will not help me, not even a friend or family member. Having a pet won't do it either. I have to come to the understanding that i am never alone because God is with me always (Psalm 16:5 & 8). Then, when I have feelings of loneliness, I can call on Him for comfort. God may then prompt a friend to call me to hang out, or He may prompt me to go visit a family member. Being alone and being lonely; two separate states of being. Now we can see how a husband won't cure loneliness; only God can. This may happen quickly, or becoming free from loneliness may take time. But, only God will break me free from the grip of loneliness. Beloved, don't get caught up in how many men are interested in your girlfriends, or at how many chicks are throwing their numbers at your boy. It is deception.

No comments:

Post a Comment